Subsidence Repair Billericay Essex
Ross Construction have expertise in subsidence for both commercial and residential properties. We have many years experience in subsidence repair covering the whole of Essex. Our professional approach and attention to detail ensures a high level of customer satisfaction. Work will always be carried out in a tidy and professional manner whilst respecting your neighbors.
What is subsidence?
Subsidence occurs when there is downward movement of the ground supporting a building. Specific problems may arise when the movement varies from one part of the building to another.
What are typical causes of subsidence?
Damaged drains around the property can soften or wash away the ground beneath the properties foundations.
- Certain soils can be vulnerable to subsidence as they swell and shrink depending on moisture content.
Trees take a lot of moisture from soils, especially large ones. This can cause soil to shrink, therefore changing the geometry of the ground.
Typical signs of subsidence:
- The most obvious signs of subsidence are cracks in the buildings walls. Typically they may be more then 3mm wide, diagonal and wider at the top. It is important to remember that not all cracks are a sign of subsidence, therefore a professional opinion is needed.
- Cracks may form around week points in a home such as windows and doors.
- Some doors and windows may become difficult to open.
Areas we cover for subsidence repair
- Subsidence repair Billericay (Our local community)
- Subsidence repair Essex
- Subsidence repair London
How to contact us for advice or to arrange a visit?
If you believe you have a problem with subsidence, please contact us. A member of our team will discuss your needs, plus answer any questions you may have. We can then provide you with a detailed plan and quote for the job.
Image of subsidence repair Billericay